19th May 2017 back to news

McCowan's Toffee Site

McCowan’s Toffee Site - Stenhousemuir

 

Graham & Sibbald were recently involved with the successful sale of the former McCowan’s Toffee factory in Stenhousemuir. McCowan’s established their business in the Stenhousemuir area in the 1920’s until early 2012, when the company unfortunately went into administration.

 

Graham & Sibbald were instructed to sell the site by the owners, a private pension fund and, after a marketing campaign during difficult economic conditions, Ramoyle Group purchased the site in March 2017.

 

The site is now being developed for a new B&M store in one section of the site and a drive thru restaurant on the other.

 

Andrew Peel commented: ‘McCowan’s Toffee had occupied this site in Stenhousemuir for almost 100 years. Unfortunately, due to economic pressures and maintaining dated factory premises, the business finally closed in 2012. The demolition of the original factory and redevelopment of the site is very welcome by the local community and the new B&M store and drive-thru restaurant will provide economic benefits to the surrounding area.”